Magic Moments & SwimMagic Pre-School
SwimMagic together with parents, caregivers, friends and famliy create a warm, loving and safe learning environment. We recognise that you are the most important person when it comes to educationg your precious little one. We are committed to working with you to develop safe, competent and confident swimmers in and around the water.
There are numerous benefits to get your baby or toddler into the water at an early stage
- Greater Confidence
- Improved Coordination
- Social Interaction
- Physical Development
- Increased Independence
- Cognitive Skills
- Emotional Growth
- Improved Sleep Patterns
Magic Moments Levels
- Hatchlings (5 to 16 months)- Relaxed in Water, Responding to Cues for Submersion, Introduced to Water safety Concepts, Supported Back Float (5sec Min)
- Fledglings (16 to 24 Months)- Confident with Shallow Submersion, Demonstrates Upper and Lower Body Movement, Assisted Underwater U-Turn
- Chicks (24 Months +)- Submerge Demonstrate Paddle & Kick to Parent, Independent Underwater U-Turn, Minimal Support Front & Back Float, Rotate Back to Front into Submersion
SwimMagic Pre School
A chance for your child to develop water confidence and water safety skills.
The SwimMagic programme enhances the skills for water confidence through doing activities independently. They also learn the basics of Submersion, Floating, Kicking and then progress onto Freestyle and Backstroke.
Water Safety messages and skills are also a big component of this programme. This ensures children are aware and understand how to behave in and around the water. Water Safety activities taught include Underwater U-turns, Front to Back Rotations and Swimming Non Stop.
There are four levels to the SwimMagic Preschool programme
All children must pass all four goals before moving up to the stage of the programme
- Nippers- Unassisted Movement in Water, Full Submersion (5secs Min), Assisted Back Float (10secs Min), Water Safety- Assisted Underwater U-Turn
- Flippers- Independent Floating Front & Back, Freestyle Head down Kicking with Board, Backstroke Kick with Board, Water Safety- Independent Underwater U-Turn
- Movers- 4x5m Backstroke Kick Arms by Side, 4x5m Backstroke Arms & Kicking with Board, 4x5m Freestyle Arms & Kicking with Board, Water Safety- Front to Back Rotations
- Champions- 4x7m Freestyle Side Kick with Board, 4x7m Freestyle Swim with Breathing and Board, 4x7m Backstroke Swim Arms by Side, Water Safety- Swim Non Stop
- Super Champions- 4x10m Freestyle Swim B3, 4X10m Backstroke Swim Opposite Arms, 1x10m Breastroke Kick with Board, 2x10m Water Safety- Swim Non Stop